Sunday, August 24, 2008

Amazing Grace

(This isn't the best thing I've ever written. But I like it.)

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I’m found.
Was blind, but now I see.

What a sweet song! How amazing is our Fathers love for us! Every time I hear them I am humbled by the truth and power in these words. The amazing grace supplied by our Father has saved us, the wretches of this world. We were lost and blind, as we did not know God. But now, those of us who are saved, are found, and can see the amazing gift God gave us through his Son, Jesus.
Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.” Amazing Grace brings this truth into sharp retrospect. We all have sinned, and God cannot handle that. Thusly, we are condemned. Later on in Romans, though, verse 6:24 says “For the wages of sin is death, but we are given the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
So, we know that we are condemned. There is no doubt to that. BUT we were given the gift of Jesus, when He died on the cross, that we may spend forever in heaven. When we accept Him as our savior, His blood washes us clean. Then, and only then, may we enter Gods heaven. And this is what Amazing Grace is all about.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise,
Then when we first begun.

No comments: